Hello to all our lovely pupils, we hope you are safe, well and happy. We are delighted to see you all back in school.
Life in school is going to look and feel different from before. This is because we have to keep you, your families, your teachers and our school community as safe as we can from coronavirus. So we have made some changes to your school day, to what you can touch and to where you can go in school.
- As well as your class, you will be in a group of children, called a ‘Bubble’ and you won’t be able to see or play with children from the other Bubbles.
- You will start and end school at different times.
- You will come in and out of your own Bubble door.
- Break and lunch times will be different and you may have to eat lunch in your classroom. If you have school dinner you will need to choose what you want to eat at the start of the day.
- You will have your own set place in your classroom and you will have your own equipment and won’t share things with anyone.
- There will be a lot less ‘stuff’ in your classroom and no soft toys
- You will have to try your best to stay 2 metres away from everyone else (this is called social distancing).
- Your teacher will try to stay 2 metres away.
- You will need to wash/sanitise your hands a lot.
- You will only be able to use one set of toilets.
- Your bubble will have your own play equipment and you won’t be able to share with other bubbles.
- More of your lessons might be outside.
If you need help with your worries the best thing you can do is talk to a grownup you trust. You might also find these web sites useful:
- Young Minds have support and information on looking after yourself through coronavirus
- Childline have lots of tips and advice to help you cope
- You could read this book about Coming Back to School in a Bubble (by Kezia Matthews and Shere Infant and Nursery School www.shere.sch.uk, pdf)
- You could watch this video about what school will be like when we return (opens in YouTube)
We realise that this all seems very strange and even a little scary, but we want you to know that some things about our school have not changed and will never change – your teachers and all our school grown ups care about you and want you to be safe, comfortable, happy and able to learn.
You can find out more about Social Distancing at School by watching this video (YouTube).