Welcome to Blackhall Primary School.
Our Aims, Values and Ethos
Our simple, over-arching aim is to provide the highest possible quality educational experience for all our pupils, and nurture and support them to be the kindest, happiest and most academically successful versions of themselves that they can be!
Our belief is that all children have the right to become confident, resilient and independent life-long learners. We have high expectations, promote excellent standards of behaviour and are committed to ensuring that all our children achieve their potential.
We encourage and develop all our pupils to achieve this by:
- ensuring all our children are provided with an environment in which they are seen, safe, soothed and secure;
- providing equal opportunities for all children;
- nurturing the whole child by providing the support needed to succeed;
- creating a motivated ethos in which our children are challenged to become curious learners with a thirst for knowledge;
- empowering our children to make progress by knowing more and remembering more;
- teaching our children to be kind and have a sense of responsibility – showing respect for themselves, others and their environment;
- encouraging our children to have a positive view of their own self-worth, developing their self-esteem and establishing healthy attitudes and informed choices;
- increasing our children’s awareness of spiritual and cultural issues by providing a range of experiences;
- enabling our children to feel a sense of belonging within their school and in their community by appreciating their heritage, taking pride in their locality and understanding their role in shaping the future of the wider world;
- helping our children to understand how to take their place safely and control their future journey in a rapidly changing world;
- inspiring our children to have the ambition and the aspiration to be the best version of themselves.
By working together as a cohesive community, we will inspire our children so they enjoy learning and achieve in school and beyond.
We are very proud of our inclusive school community and are regularly complimented on our ethos, our school environment and the behaviour and attitudes of out children and staff. We are equally proud of the range of opportunities we offer pupils to broaden their horizons and develop lively and enquiring minds through the arts, drama, music and sport. We aim to increase our children’s cultural capital and foster social justice through access to and participation in the best wider experiences we can imagine for them; we include parents in the life of our school and encourage them to be active partners in their children’s learning.
For prospective parents: please ring to make an appointment and we will be very pleased to give you a guided tour and share our lovely school with you.