Our Whole School Curriculum Vision
At Blackhall Primary school, our belief is that all children have the right to become confident, resilient and independent life-long learners. We have high expectations, promote excellent standards of behaviour and are committed to ensuring that all our children achieve their potential.
We encourage and develop all our pupils to achieve this by:
- ensuring all our children are provided with an environment in which they are seen, safe, soothed and secure;
- providing equal opportunities for all children;
- nurturing the whole child by providing the support needed to succeed;
- creating a motivated ethos in which our children are challenged to become curious learners with a thirst for knowledge;
- empowering our children to make progress by knowing more and remembering more;
- teaching our children to be kind and have a sense of responsibility – showing respect for themselves, others and their environment;
- encouraging our children to have a positive view of their own self-worth, developing their self-esteem and establishing healthy attitudes and informed choices;
- increasing our children’s awareness of spiritual and cultural issues by providing a range of experiences;
- enabling our children to feel a sense of belonging within their school and in their community by appreciating their heritage, taking pride in their locality and understanding their role in shaping the future of the wider world;
- helping our children to understand how to take their place safely and control their future journey in a rapidly changing world;
- inspiring our children to have the ambition and the aspiration to be the best version of themselves.
By working together as a cohesive community, we will inspire our children so they enjoy learning and achieve in school and beyond.
Curriculum Statement and Intent
Underpinning our curriculum is the Curriculum Intent: all the things we believe are important for our pupils, what makes our context unique and how we intend to achieve our aims through a learning offer that is relevant, planned and progressive. Find out more in our Curriculum Intent document, available to download below.
Our ‘Long Term Plans’ show each year group’s overview of topics and curriculum learning. These are currently under review over the coming year, (from Autumn 2019) and we look forward to sharing them with you as each subject is considered and planned for. Information about our first updated Curriculum area, History, is now available:
Our ‘Topic Maps’ show each year group’s termly areas of learning. These are also under careful review and we are very excited about how our curriculum is developing. See each class section of our website for more information.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Blackhall Primary School, we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEN Information Report. If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.