Hello to all our lovely pupils, we hope you are safe, well and happy. We are delighted to see you all back in school.
We want to keep you, your families, your teachers and our school community as safe as we can from coronavirus. So there will still be some changes to your school day, to what you can touch and to where you can go in school, but other things will seem more ‘back to normal’.
- You will start and end school at different times.
- Break and lunch times will be different and you may have to eat lunch in your classroom. If you have school dinner you will need to choose what you want to eat at the start of the day.
- You will have your own set place in your classroom and you will have your own equipment and won’t share things with anyone.
- All the windows in your classroom and corridors will be open so you may need to wrap up warm.
- You will need to wash/sanitise your hands a lot.
- More of your lessons might be outside.
- You can’t bring pencil cases, toys or books from home, or take home things from school except safe things from your teacher.
If you need help with your worries the best thing you can do is talk to a grownup you trust. You might also find these web sites useful:
- Young Minds have support and information on looking after yourself through coronavirus
- Childline have lots of tips and advice to help you cope
- The Huge Bag of Worries is a good book to share with your grown-ups to help them feel better.
You have coped brilliantly with things that have seemed very strange and even a little scary, but we want you to know that some things about our school have not changed and will never change – your teachers and all our school grown ups care about you and want you to be safe, comfortable, happy and able to learn.