Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. The children take an active role with setting their outcomes and discussing them with the class teacher/SENCO. The children have regular meetings with staff to discuss their progress and support.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through termly reviews of their child’s SEN Support Plan/ EHC Plan.
- Annual EHCP review meetings
- Asking for Parent views at meetings and in questionnaires
We encourage and value the opportunity for children to be able to express their views about school life. Children who have Support Plans discuss their targets with the SENCO. We have carried out pupil questionnaires where we actively seek the viewpoints of children especially concerning being able to speak to an adult if they have a worry.
If your child has an EHCP (Education Health & Care Plan) their views will be sought before any review meetings.